Sunday, January 08, 2006

Yay - our first 3 (no, make that 4 -- Kat joined) members!

Marybeth, that's a great photo of you guys. This is pretty cool, eh? Having our own family website.

Blogger is super easy to use that's why it only took me a few minutes to set it up. The only drawback to this particular blog software is they don't have the ability to make categories to organize all the posts. You'll see after awhile (if everybody is adding photos like we hope) that it gets to be harder to scroll down past dozens of posts to see the oldest ones. Categories would be great, so we could have a category for each of us ... or for each of the days we decide to take photos (like Groundhog day, etc) -- I'm still trying to figure out how to sneak categories in by writing some java or html code for Tim's blog. When I figure it out, it will make this family blog way better.








Just for diversion, here's Mom singing
with her raging grannies group.



Anytime anyone wants to add a link to the sidebar (where we have family websites links) I think you can just write a blog post about it (or even better, just send me the link in an email) and I will enter the HTML code in the original blog template to add the link. These are the only ones I knew about right now.

So, when you join the blog, you can try posting a photo and caption, or whatever you want ... to test it out. See how easy it is.

No comments: