Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Happy Hedgehog (or an allegory for how to live your life)





















This post is the first in a series of installments (I will try to post one per day) from the children's book "The Happy Hedgehog," by Marcus Pfister. I think it is a great story, and beautifully illustrated, and certainly worth sharing...Nicholas and Oliver love it, and want me to read it over and over. Let me know what you think as the story unfolds over the next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the book with you guys, Oliver and Nicholas. I hope to see some of your commentary on the story as we go along. Like, what is it you like about the book? what's your favorite thing the hedgehog does for fun and what kinds of things does the hedgehog learn? is the hedgehog a boy or a girl?

Mary Shaughnessy said...

We like the part that has the speeding tortoise...it's very funny! Tortoises DON'T run. Mikko is a boy.

This story tells you to be happy. love, Nicholas

Maureen said...

I'll have to wait to read the part about the tortoise speeding. Then I'll be able to see what you like about it, Nicholas. I like the drawings (or maybe they're paintings - I can't really tell) ... They really help me get down into the plants and other places hedgehogs go, as if I were really there, being a hedgehog. The plants are so big!. Looks like it would be super fun to be a tiny guy like Mikko, exploring around in the grass and bushes.