Monday, January 23, 2006

Flaming Sumac Branch


Sumac Branch, originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

Check out the UBC Botanical Garden Photo of the Day for Jan. 21st.... cool, eh?

MB, I love that one you posted of Oliver and Mom in Hawaii - I have that as one of my rotating screensavers on my computer. I like their smiles, but also it's a nice photo - the colors are so soft.

3 comments:

Mary Shaughnessy said...

Maureen, it's Nicholas with Mom, not Oliver! And yes, the colours are very soft...makes me want to go back there right now!

Mary Shaughnessy said...

I remember when you sent me this image (or one very similar) of the sumac...they really do have the most amazing fall colour, and so painterly in the way they fade from dark to light on each leaf. A little colour at this time of year is a welcome thing!

Maureen said...

ooops - big sheepish grin :~))) how could I not remember it was Nicholas? He looks SO much like Oliver and I have a problem with time -- getting into time warps and stuff like that. Oooooooops.