Why is it called a Blog anyway???
Moira asked why is a blog called a blog anyway? It's short for Web-Log (or a journal-like site on the web) .
Here's a Wikipedia article (click the words to go there) about how blogging started and some other stuff about the whole blog phenomenon.
In my own blog I did a whole post on an 80-something woman who has a blog called "My Mother's Blog" which is getting tons of readership and becoming pretty well known. I read hers every week or so to see what's new - she's hilarious. There are political blogs, corporate blogs and really really weird blogs on just about anything you can imagine. I've been "blogging" for over a year and I now have 24 regular subscribers to my own blog (that just means they have my updates emailed to them) out of those 24, maybe 12 leave me regular comments, which I always appreciate.
Anyway, check out that Wikipedia article if you're curious. And even if you're not, join in the fun in our very own family blog. This could get pretty busy with the number of people we have in our family!
-- maureen
No comments:
Post a Comment