One of my current projects

This sketchbook page is from one of my favorite projects I'm involved with on Flickr. I also wrote a more detailed post about this in my own blog, Raven's Nest and if you want to see more of these sketches, you can click here to see the whole set of sketches and read more about this project.
2 comments:
very cool, Maureen...i love those sketches. your consistency vis a vis keeping a journal is an inspiration to me. it looks like you have passed this "habit" on to Gabe (and Mickey, too?), which is great. i kept a journal of sorts this past year through Nicholas' efforts...we would work together to determine what things to document, and then i would offer advice (and some drawing guidance) to help him communicate his ideas. we had a lot of fun doing it, but it is not a substitute for doing my own (must get on that...).
i looked at the Flickr site more carefully from your link...wow! there are a lot of people out there taking great pictures!
thanks for sharing,
m.b.
Yes, there are literally hundreds of millions of photos on flickr. some of them are really mundane hohum and lots of garbage, but there are some incredible photos there. The flickr search function is one of the best anywhere. I'll write a post soon about how to navigate around on flickr and what awesome things you can find there. I've have met some really cool people through Flickr, too. Some I've met in person, others I've corresponded with for over a year. And Tim and I have at least a dozen homes that have been offered to us to stay in all over the world, if we ever want to. How cool is that?
Yes, my journal/sketchbook habit definitely rubbed off on Gabe. But he has also made journaling very much his own thing. But I can see some resemblance in how I journal and sketch and how he does. To me, that's just cool. Mickey writes, too, but I'm not sure he keeps a journal very regularly.
Mick? Do you?
Did you see Gabe's journal pages he put up on his Flickr site? They're beautiful! I love the way he sketches.
I should photograph my art-kit that I carry around with me when I know I'm going to have a chance to draw and write. That might inspire you even more to get going on yours, MB. When I don't take that whole kit with me, I always have my moleskine notebooks in my purse (I have two - one small one with graph paper for notes and things I want to remember. The other larger one is for sketching - it has heavy drawing paper in it. They're think enough to carry without being too heavy. And I have a tiny portable watercolor set that I keep in my purse all the time too.
Tim laughs about what's in my purse. He jokingly says (when he has to reach in there to find something) that he's afraid something's going to bite him in there. Half the time when my cell phone is ringing, I have to dump the whole purse out to find it. heheh.
later -- gotta get our bank account done and our taxes under way for this year.
Post a Comment