Sunday, January 15, 2006

Aarrooooo -- ooo -- ooo. Welcome to our family blog again, everyone. We now have 15 contributors ... people who have joined as members of our blog. I hope to see way more of our "clan" joining the blog in the next few weeks.


In the meantime, welcome to Gabe, Kathy & Jerry, Mickey and Jenny, Chris, Elena and their girls, Laurie, Tootsie & Johnny, Gerald and Eleanor, Jeanie, and Sarah. Edward, Moira & Brian, Pat, Marybeth & her guys joined pretty much right away (you guys are all going to get a special award for being so brave. I am thinking about what it will be) and it's been pretty active around here already.

So join the fray. The more the merrier!


I'd like to introduce Sarah Carney since most of you haven't met her. Sarah is Tim's daughter and my stepdaughter ... she's living (hopefully temporarily) near Washington, DC (in Reston, actually, near where we used to live) and working for the FBI (so don't anybody say anything that will get you in trouble with the Feds -- heheh)

This was taken in May, 2000 in Hawaii just after our wedding ceremony. That's Sarah, John, Mickey, Gabe, their Grandma Pat and Josh. Tim and I were occupied with all the post-ceremony hugging...


Sarah, so cool to see you joined this experiment. I hope to see some of your great sense of humor around here and maybe even some photos??? You'll have to hang out a bit to figure out who's who and all the relationships here ... it may be faster to learn that stuff at a family reunion, but this is alot easier!


Jeanie, a special welcome to you, our latest member - I'm glad you are here. I got your email with the slideshow of the flowers (for Lillian) and since you sent it to everybody, I thought I would post the link to your photo here -- it's so beautiful and a great photo!

The way links on a blog work, you can just click on the word or phrase itself and since I have embedded a hotlink in this word: Jeanie's flower photo, it will take you right there when you click on it. To get back to the blog, just hit the back button. Or, you could just upload the photo to the blog and not have to send it out on email. Or both. :)

If anyone hasn't figured out how to make hotlinks right in the text of your blog entry, I can show you how. It's super easy on the "create a new post" editing page.

nuf fer now. I'll leave you with a tail wag.
-- Maureen



2 comments:

Mary Shaughnessy said...

maureen, who are those dogs?

Maureen said...

friends of mine who kindly posed for me ....

just kidding. they're just old photos i have. i use them in collages once in awhile