
Just a wee little post to give everybody a welcome to our family blog and to let you know a few things. In case y'all don't recognize these two, they are Grandma Heitkamp and Grandma Guettler.
Since I (Maureen) set up the blog, I'm technically the "administrator," meaning I have total and complete dictatorial power over all members and posts!!! (just kidding)
Since I (Maureen) set up the blog, I'm technically the "administrator," meaning I have total and complete dictatorial power over all members and posts!!! (just kidding)
I have taken the liberty (exercised my power) to delete a few posts that were just tests or experiments. Blogs have vertical structure, i.e. the more posts we have here, the farther down you'll have to scroll to read older posts. Nothing wrong with that, but if we get too many superfluous posts on our blog, some people may get tired of scrolling and give up.
I highly encourage everyone who is new to blogging, to make test posts - make two or three or however many you need to do to get the hang of it. I might eventually delete some of the testier tests and mentier experiments, so don't git yer knickers in a knot, okay?Also, if you like this blog, and you think you might want to have a place to post dozens -- nay, hundreds -- of family photos, diary entries, sketchbook pages, trip pix, etc ... you might want to consider starting a personal blog for that. It's easy now that you have signed up to be a member of our blog. One way to do it is click on the button near the upper right that says "Get Your Own Blog" which takes you directly to the dashboard and well, umm, just do what it says. Or, you could go to the blogger dashboard another way, by clicking on Blogger in the upper left corner of the top bar. Then, once you're at the dashboard, click on the button that says "Create a Blog" ... that should get you going on a personal blog that will be available to you from the dashboard anytime. Lotsa ways around our blog. Cool, eh?
For examples of personal blogs belonging to some of our family members, see Gabe's Blog about handmade books from salvaged materials, or his other blog called Skuz. My blog, Raven's Nest is another example.
Nuf fer now,
Maureen
2 comments:
Ahem Maureen! Director eh? It's good to get that info from you (the experienced one).
Love,
mom
Did I say Director?? I meant to say "Dictator!" ahem!
Post a Comment