Monday, March 27, 2006

Three Boys in the Kitchen

Marybeth, here's a photo I took awhile back, of the drawing I did from the "Family of Man" book. I did this in 1973 as part of an art class at UW. The assignment was to find a photo and interpret it 5 different styles. This was my "realism style." I made this by drawing in graphite on vellum, then making a sepia-print with a blueprint machine. I made two prints. The original was destroyed along with 99% of my other work from my college years. It was stored in my friend's Seattle basement when they had a flood down there.

I soon discovered that blueprints and sepiaprints fade in sunlight.

Anyhoo, I thought you might be interested to see this. Did you ever find our family's copy of the Family of Man book? Or the photo of the girl getting her haircut?

1 comment:

Mary Shaughnessy said...

yes, mom has both books...the one with the picture of the girl getting her hair cut is called "the world is young". Mom says it's pretty worn (no cover, crayon marks, etc.), but i'm going to bring it home at Easter and give it a loving home!