A thought from last summer
Concert of the Heart
Like water hissing on the sand
The Wind sways the wheat into song
The Sky so liquid clear
I am reflected by the Stars
Thunderheads in the distance
Give a fantastic show
The price of the ticket:
A sleepless nightNo one here to block the view
A receptive mind
An open heart
No phones to interrupt the chorus
The Prairie sings
And the Night harmonizes
A concert of the heart
On the loving of the WorldI stay for the encore
And the joy of tumultuous Life
And rejoice for the success of the performance
~ 07/29/05, Cypress Hills, AB, 23:19
4 comments:
Perfect, Brenda. I can feel what it would be like to be there.
Love
Mum
Wow!
you certainly have a way with words, Brenda. Beautiful piece. I can visualize it.
margie
Brenda, I really like your poem, it's very evocative. I also really like the fact that you are prepared to share your creative side with the rest of us, something that doesn't come easily (to me, anyway). SO, thank you for sharing, and keep up the writing. Have you looked for any other venues for your writing (i.e. publications)?
Hola Brenda, that was very moving and beautiful! As Margie said, "you certainly have a way with words". I loved it. Keep it up.
Love,
grandma
Post a Comment