Thursday, March 23, 2006

still snowy here...


These are some photos taken by Julian this past weekend up on Cypress Mountain. It has turned to rain this week, so that may have been the last beautiful-sunny-snowy-ski outing for the season...time to turn our attention to other activities!

Brenda, it's funny you should write about getting back into an exercise program, because that's exactly where I am at too! It's been 4 1/2 months since my foot surgery, and I was finding myself becoming rather complacent (read, lazy!), and starting to not mind being out of shape...yikes!! So, this week I got on my road bike and started doing hill repeats right near our house (didn't want to stray too far from home initially). As an indication of my loss of condition, I discovered that even my easiest gear was a significant challenge (read, ugh!!). I believe it won't take long to get some of my form back, and hopefully sometime in the future I will be able to run again on this reconstructed foot...time will tell.

2 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Nice pics MaryBeth. You'll soon be putting up pics of your "Spring" garden.
Love, mom

Maureen said...

Spring is a season of contrasts. That lower photo shows such beautiful shapes in the snow. Nice one, MB!