Mystery Picture
Remember when we were emailing mystery pictures out to the entire family and everyone could make guesses as to what the pictures were? Well, I have a great mystery picture. I took it when I was working down in Milk River in January. I don't think I have sent it to anyone, but just in case I have and you know what it is, don't spoil it for everyone else!
Soooo..... What is it? At first I thought it was evidence of aliens, but upon closer inspection I discovered that (sadly) it is not.
I'll post the answer in a week.
13 comments:
so, Brenda are we supposed to guess here in the comments section? I'd say it looks like cow-pies. (meadow muffins) a bit on the moldy side. And that cow (or elk or bison or moose) was having digestive disorders at the time .... ;)
Brenda, It's frozen 'cow pies'.
Love, grandma
i was going to guess frozen cowpie too, but will also add that it looks a bit like a decomposed critter of some kind or other, just the skin left behind.
Hi Brenda,
I think it's cheese that's gone waaaay beyond it's expiry date.
Mum
It's not frozen cow pies. And no, it's not cheese either! No one is even close yet!
It's old dead fungus of some kind.
grandma
It's not a decomposed critter, and it's not a dead fungus. You're getting warmer though. A lot warmer than cow pies anyways!
is it some kind of liverwort?
Brenda, it's green down inside so I'd say it's some sort of creeping plant with frost on it.
grandma
It's not a liverwort.
Grandma - you are the closest so far, but it's not quite a creeping plant and that's not frost.
I think that it is a peice of material of some sort left on the beach for a while so it has soaked up alot of moisture and been laying in the sand.
Ok Brenda,it's just some sort of very low-growing plant that has a residue from some mineral/minerals on it.
grandma
brenda, when you post the answer to this puzzling pic, you might want to make it a new blog post, since our blog is now archiving posts every 7 days. Otherwise some of us might miss the answer. Maybe post the photo again with the answer?
I'd say you have the distinction of having posted the Gettin'Together blog post that garnered the MOST comments. This family sure goes for puzzles!
Post a Comment