Monday, March 13, 2006

Pacific Ocean Critters















I took Nicholas and Oliver to the Vancouver Aquarium this a.m., and these are some of the critters that we saw. We happened upon the Sea Lion show for the first time in all these years of going to the Aquarium. "Tag" was very entertaining, including sticking his tongue out on command, retrieving rings, and splashing the audience with his flippers. He's also quite noisy!! The anemones are in tanks in the Pacific Coast exhibit, and truly are these amazing colours.

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

It looks like a very nice excursion this morning. The pics are very clear.

Love, mom

margie said...

Beautiful pictures Mary Beth. Al and I took Brittany and Trevor to the Aquarium in Dec. when we spent a few days Vancouver. We hadn't been in years, snd I don't think they had been there at all. (not that they remember, anyway). We had a lot of fun. You are lucky to be so close.
margie

Anonymous said...

Wow, those pictures are very cool. I spent a few days over in Bamfeild last year at the research center and we saw lots of animals and creatures like those. They are so neat close up, and fun to play with.
-Mel

Mary Shaughnessy said...

Thanks, Mel. In fact I was not at all sure that the pictures would turn out, as I had to take them through the glass, and without a flash, which makes it hard to get a crisp image. I think it would be good to have a tripod to take really GREAT photos there.

Yes, Margie, it is great to be so close...it takes only 20 minutes door to door if we wait until after rush-hour. They've really made a lot of changes there in the last few years, and there's a whole new wing under construction now that looks like it's going to be really good.