Sunday, March 12, 2006

March in Vancouver: A Study in Contrasts

These are 2 photos taken today in Vancouver...the first one is up at Cypress Mountain, 20 minutes from our house, and was taken by Julian and the boys on their morning ski. The little building is the Hollyburn Lodge, where we usually go mid-ski for a hot chocolate and fresh muffins.

The second picture I took a moment ago in our front yard, and is one of our PJM Rhododendrons just coming into bloom. Also in bloom are periwinkle and anemones.

2 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

MaryBeth, What beautiful pictures and yes what a contrast! I'm sure the boys had a good time. Yummm, muffins and hot chocolate sounds so good. And of course you enjoyed your 'quiet' time. Eh!

Love, mom

Mary Shaughnessy said...

Yes, I enjoyed my "quiet" time, but I wasn't here at the house. I am taking a painting course at Emily Carr on Sundays with my two friends Elspeth and Sara. The class is 6 Sundays from 9:30-2:00 on Granville Island. Yesterday, being a sunny Sunday, was an absolute zoo down there!