



How many of you remember the book from our family library called The Family of Man? It is a collection of b+w photos from around the world, compiled for an exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. These are a few of the images from the book that I remember best (some of you may recognize the middle image -- Maureen made a print of this image many moons ago). I picked up this copy from the library discard pile for $.50. Who has the copy from our family?
There is a website called The Family of Man 2 which is a contemporary version of the original project, and has some pretty interesting photos:
http://stmaarten.globat.com/~afirkin.com/NewSite/FOM2%20Folder/fom2.htm
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mary Beth, I don't remember the book or the pictures. That first one reminds me of the picture of Kathy and Peter in Japan. The kids all look happy despite the appearance of hard times. anyway, I don't have it!
margie
MaryBeth, I still have the original book. Maureen made a copy of that picture for me but it faded very badly over the years and I've given it back to her.
Love, mom
Post a Comment