Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sad news...

I have sad news to report: Farli has gone to a new home. I gave her away. It was a tough decision, but she's better off without me. With my job I can be gone for up to a month at a time, and it's dificult to find someone to look after her. And moving her to the babysitter every time I leave is very stressful for her. She now lives with a 10 year old boy and his mom. Last I heard he loves her and things are going great.

Here are some of my favorite pictures I took of her when I lived in a Polish lady's basement suite three years ago. I'll miss her.



5 comments:

margie said...

sounds like you found a good home for her, Brenda. It's hard to have a pet when you are working all the time. I really like the picture of her in the woodchips. margie

Pat Shaughnessy said...

You scared me Brenda. I thought maybe she had gone to 'hedgehog heaven'! It is very sad to be parted from your pet/pets. I like the one of her with the reflection.
Love, grandma

Pat Shaughnessy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Good bye, Farli. Nice knowing you especially when you bit me.
Dad

Brenda said...

Dad - that was a love bite! And I think you are exaggerating it a bit. It was more like a nibble than an outright bite. She was only trying to show her newest friend (you at the time) just how much she liked you and wanted to keep you as a friend. Obviously, you didn't appreciate her show of affection and she has since decided that you are no longer worthy to be her friend. I can only guess at how much heartbreak you must be feeling now.