Sunday, February 05, 2006

Number One

Well, I finally made it onto the Blog! Now that I'm here I don't know what to say. Thanks Maureen for getting me plugged in. A few days ago I mass emailed some pictures from my work in Milk River, AB (AB/MT border), but I don't have everybody's email address, so I thought this would be a better way for people to see them. So here are a few of the ones I sent.

This one was taken looking north at an alkali lake (can just see the strip of it in the midground) over a tame grass (Crested Wheatgrass) pasture.

This is a sunrise behind the Sweetgrass Hills in Montana. I had to move fast to get this picture. I was in the bottom of a coulee and could see the sky getting lighter, so it was a rush to get to the top. I got there just in time.

These are rose hips on an overcast and very windy afternoon. I found them on the side of a coulee I was hiking through. There were shrew/mouse tracks everywhere down there and I spooked two from almost directly under my feet. It's so funny to watch them run at top speed through their twisty-turny trails under the grass.

I'm just arriving at my office in this picture. It's on the other side of the fence off to the left. It's 9 sections in size (9 mi x 9 mi) and about half of that is native grass (same as the picture).

2 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Welcome Brenda! Again I say "What beautiful pictures". See you soon in Kelowna.

Love and hugs,
grandma

Maureen said...

awesome photos, Brenda. I'm really glad you posted them here so everyone can enjoy them whether they have large email in-boxes or not ... So you were that close to Montana and didn't come to see us??? :-p heheh. I love the Sweetgrass Hills - they're gorgeous any time of year, especially in spring.

I hope you keep posting here -- it's great to see slices of your life. You're pretty good with that camera, Brenda!