Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Best Egg Salad Ever

Remember our family cookbook we all made for that reunion years ago? Do you still use yours??? I do! So do all of our kids. Well, I've been thinking it would be fun to share our favorite recipes here on our blog .... sort of an electronic version of our printed cookbook. How about it?

I was just having fun doing a food-photo-session while making lunch yesterday for Tim and me. I set up my camera on it's little tripod on the counter, with the self-timer on and just clicked it a few times during my cooking. Easy as ... well, Egg Salad!

If you click on the photo above, you will see a larger image with more detail. CLICK HERE to go to the photos with notes all over it that are basically instructions on how to make this recipe.

I'll post a more exact recipe later this week. For now, I just wanted to entice some of you to post a recipe or two or ... in our family blog. It doesn't have to have photos with it -- that's just my touch. But it would be nice to have one photo of the finished product!

This egg salad uses good-for-ya olive oil instead of mayonnaise ... just enough to moisten the chopped eggs. I also add lemon juice, dijon mustard, fresh lemon zest, green onions, celery, grated carrots and tart chopped apple. Salt and pepper to taste and serve on a half-bagel or other dense bread, with lettuce. Good on crackers, too. Or just plain a part of a salad. Yummm!!
-- Maureen

2 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Looks delicious Maureen! Yes, I do use the Family cookbook. I'll be thinking about which recipe I'll post and with pictures.
Love, mom

Maureen said...

Great ... I can hardly wait, Mum. It doesn't have to be from the family cookbook, just something you like and maybe something you're making in the next few days. or whenever.