Friday, February 10, 2006

Inspiration for Fiber Artists

This is especially for Margie, who of all my sisters, does more fiberarts and quilting than the rest of us .... and for Moira who has said she wants to try her hand at making some unique quilts. And for anyone else out there in Family-Land who quilts, sews, beads or otherwise does some kind of fiber art.

Hopefully you have read my post about Flickr. If not, you might want to read it. These quilt photos are from Flickr -- there is a substantial group of artists, quilters, crafters, painters, etc on Flickr who like to share photos of their work with like minded people. Flickr is also a convenient places to store photos of things you might want to sell on EBay or your own website.

I won't go into why I stumbled across these quilt photos. I wasn't looking for them, but when I saw these, I immediately thought of Margie and Moira and decided to share these here.

So here are some quilts from Flickr to inspire you:


Quilt by Thomas Wurst


Quilt by AliBear on Flickr


Quilt by AliBear on Flickr


Check out AliBear's set of quilt photos. And one last quilt for your inspiration, this one by someone with the nickname *Ariel* on Flickr:


Quilt by *Ariel* on Flickr


If you do a tag search on Flickr for the word "quilt," you end up with a page that shows quilt clusters. You get more refined search results like this, when you click on the cluster for quilt photos also tagged with the words: art, embroidery, textile, fiber, beads, collage, beading, abstract, colors.

By the way, each individual highlighted words in the above paragraph is a hotlink to a Flickr search for that word. Cool, eh?

Nuff of that -- let's get creative! Margie, will you try to take some pics of your quilts and post them on our blog? Please????

2 comments:

margie said...

Maureen, those are beautiful quilts! very inspiring.
margie

Anonymous said...

glad you found them inspiring. Did you look on flickr (I know you probably need to make the time ...) like I suggested for other quilt inspirations??? :)