Am I the first one to put up my Groundhog Day pics?

So, hey, everybody, I'm looking forward to seeing as many photos of today on our blog as possible. If you have a digital camera and you haven't shot any photos of Groundhog Day (yep, that's today) it's not too late, even if you live on the east coast -- even, Josh, if you live in Turkey. Late submissions will be accepted anytime. If you have shot some pics and want to post them here, but don't know how.... just email me and I will write you back with instructions. It's easy, isn't it, family??? My email is: maureenshaughnessy@gmail.com.
So, here are some contributions from Helena, Montana. I think our winter will be short. It was cloudy today. I could not find a groundhog, but I'm sure if one was up and about today she wouldn't have seen her shadow!

To see any of the individual photos enlarged, click on these links:
1. Belltower window,
2. Just outside our back door ... 7:15 am on Groundhog Day,
3. Crack of dawn ... amazed I was up!,
4. A dawning reflection on cathedral windows.
Okay, I couldn't decide which photo to use for our Groundhog Day project, so I made a set on my flickr page and a couple of "mosaics" of my favorites of the bunch. I was out this morning in my pajamas. I thought I'd just go out the back door and shoot the sunrise, but it was so beautiful, I ended up walking a few blocks to the cathedral and waiting for the sun to hit the ornate windows there. Anybody who saw me probably dismissed me as just somed eccentric bag-lady walking around before she had her cup of coffee for the day. Oh well. anyway, I also brought my camera along when i did have my coffee downtown (in my day clothes, ahem!) and when I went with tim to deliver the table he just finished, to St. Paul's Church. Then we had lunch together at the Real Food Market deli. So of course, I had to photograph Tim's lunch. He kept telling me to just "put the camera down and eat, Maureen..." I guess he didn't like me pointing the camera at him while he had his mouth full.
So some of these photos will count as what Tim was doing and seeing today. And some are just my take on the day. Enjoy!
Click on any of these links to see the individual photos or the entire set:
1. Dawn: the 'hood wakes up, 2. Java at Ray's,
3. Looking back on it now ..., 4. Lunch at the deli

3 comments:
Hear, hear for Kevin joining and posting to the blog starting tonight ... or real soon! We want to know more about the lives of our relatives all over the world. yay for family!
Maureen, you did your usual very creative pictures (not at all like mine. I really like the red on that round building. The java looks very yummy. I can just imagine you out in your housecoat at that time of morning. Go go!
Love, mom
thanks, Mom. BTW, I was notwearing my housecoat ... I had my vest over my pajamas. heheh. i guess that wasn't quite as obvious as if I'd been wearing my tattered bathrobe.
Post a Comment