Speaking of eggs...
There is a very cool website at http://www.hancockhouse.com which shows a live streaming video of an eagle sitting in her nest on her eggs. The nest is somewhere on Hornby Island, one of the Gulf Islands north of Vancouver. This pair of eagles has been nesting in this same nest for 19 years, usually producing 2 chicks per year. They are expecting the hatch dates this year to be April 26th and 30th (2 eggs, born a few days apart).
If you go to the site, scroll down towards the bottom to read the details of the nesting eagles and how they got the camera up in position...very interesting. To go to the streaming video, click on the link near the top of the page, and then be patient...it takes a moment for the feed to show up on your screen. The site has become very popular, with more than 30,000 people tuning in over the last 24 hours.
2 comments:
I've been watching this eagle over the last few hours and it's so cool! What an intimate look into the life of an eagle. The coolest part about it is that they have sound with the video so I can actually hear her calling and hear the rain falling as I'm watching it. It's better than watching TV!
MaryBeth this is so amazing! I sent it to Kathleen & Jerry and we were talking on the phone and watching it. Incredible! I imagine the camera will be there until the babies leave the nest...probably late in the Fall or early Winter. Eh?
Post a Comment