March of the Penguins
This is a collage that Nicholas made at school, after doing a module on penguins (which included watching the IMAX film "March of the Penguins"). His teacher is really into Eric Carle, the children's author/illustrator who creates many of his paintings from bits of painted paper, collaged together (a good example is "The Very Hungry Catepillar"). In his classroom, they have bins of different coloured paper that they have created in advance, and then they just go and get the colour they need for the collage they are doing.
4 comments:
Nicholas, that is beautiful! When is your first "Exhibit"? I hope I'm invited!!
Love, grandma
you are such an artist, Nicholas. I like this collage very much. I like the way you used torn paper to make it. That makes it look more like snow, which it is.
Nicholas says to add that the paler blue "iceberg" in the background is in fact a humpback whale. He will want to write back to you both tomorrow.
Maureen says to Nicholas, "Oh, I did know that was a whale and it looks alot like a humpback!" You made it the perfect shape of a breeching whale. I hope you write something back to tell us the whole story.
Post a Comment