Friday, April 28, 2006

Snail for the Kids


Slow Denizen of Crete
Originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

This little guy was very curious about my camera lens. You know how snails are supposed to be so slow? Well, this snail was so fast I didn't really have time to set the focus and get ready for the picture before she came sliming up to the camera and poked her eyes into the lens! I got a little slime spot on the lens, too.

If you want to see more pictures from our trip to Crete in Greece, check out my flickr page, or the post I just wrote on my blog.

6 comments:

margie said...

Thanks for the pictures Maureen. I went to your blog and flikr. you take such beautiful pictures of things that I wouldn't even think of photographing. hope it wasn't all work and no play!
margie

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Cool snail!

Maureen said...

Hi Margie ... it wasn't all work. We worked about 4 to 6 hours a day, depending on what else was going on. The rest of the time we had a few hours off to do other stuff. I'll write a post about that later and put up some more photos on our family blog to show you some of what we did.

Thanks for the compliments on my photos. I am still offering to do a photography workshop at our Girls Go weekend for anyone who wants. Bring your digital camera and plenty of photo storage discs and we'll have some fun taking cool photos.

Mary Shaughnessy said...

i don't remember your offer to do a photography workshop, Maureen, but i am keen...count me in. i agree with Margie, you do have an eye for composition. I look forward to your next Crete post!

Mary Shaughnessy said...

oh, yes, Welcome Home!!

margie said...

I'm in on the photo workshop.