April Calendar is Up and We're almost off
Mom, and anybody else who might like to download and print out a calendar for the month of April (I've been putting these on my blog for months) it is up on my blog post for today, April 10th.
Tim and I are leaving in a few short hours, for the island of Crete where we are working for a couple of weeks. I am creating a landscape design for the Dance of the Deer Center there and Tim is installing a gorgeous curly mango & mahogany mantel he just made today. We are checking the dang mantel on the plane as one of our pieces of luggage, if you can believe it! Tim's also going to be measuring up for some other woodworking at the center. I will be designing stone terraces, patios, pergolas (with grapes and wisteria and bouganvillea hopefully) and pathways, steps, etc. .. . plus purchasing a bunch of the plants and showing the caretaker where/how to plant them and care for them. Hopefully we'll be able to go back there a few times to complete our work.
We've never been to Europe so this is an adventure and we're both excited and a bit nervous. Mostly I'm nervous that I will be able to do the work well. We have SO MUCH STUFF to take because not only are we just going there ... like normal people ... but we are also camping a few nights, under the stars (sleeping bags, pads and blankets) we are going to be outside most of the time (rain ponchos, sweaters, jackets, etc) and we are both working (tools, plant books, drawing implements, camera, wood, silicone glue, etc) so we are really NOT NORMAL people. WE are, on the contrary, totally NUTS. but it will be fun seeing the looks on the taxi drivers and hotel owner's faces when we show up with our mountain of stuff. heheh.
I hope you all keep up the blog while I'm gone. I bet there will be tons for me to read and see here at Gettin'Together when we get back. Bye and have a great April wherever you are.
Love, maureen and tim (by proxy -- he's asleep. it's almost 1 a.m. here and I might as well just stay up all night because I have to be up at 3:45 am anyway! I'm not done getting my landscape design stuff together) hoo-boy.
1 comment:
Thanks Maureen, now I have the first four months of 2006. I use them on my computer desk in the small paper holder that I bought with you in Helena. Nice photos.
Love, mom
Post a Comment