Saturday, April 22, 2006

I have just finished the top of Mel's quilt (all except for the borders) It's enough to take a picture to enter it in our quilt show this Spring. This is her grad quilt and it has taken her this long to decide on a pattern and get into the store to choose fabrics. Roma, it is the same pattern I used for your lap quilt.
Anyway, I am now going outside to enjoy the last of the sunshine.
cheers, margie

3 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Very nice Margie! I'll be waiting to see the finished product.
Love, mom

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

That's a very pretty quilt, Margie. The healing quilt that you made for me is going to go on display at the Mother's Day Quilt Show and Craft Sale at Alexis Creek on Mother's Day.
I'm going write the story for everyone at the quilt show to read about how you made the quilt for me the Christmas after my cancer treatment ended, and how you started it on December 7 and were sewing the binding on the ferry on the way to Kelowna, AND how you work full time and have 4 kids and got it completed on time! Phew!
I love that quilt and have taken many, many naps under it. I also took it to the Relay for Life with me last year and had it wrapped around me when I was walking laps around the track throughout the night. It's a good quilt. Thanks so much.
Love,
Roma

margie said...

Thanks, Roma. That's what the quilt was meantto be used for. I'm glad you are using it. And you are so welcome.