Trip to London and Ireland





What a wonderful trip I had with Kathy & Jerry! That's little Aiden in his Baptismal dress. Next we have the parents and Godparents on the lawn of the 250 yr old house that belongs to Martina's parents. in Lismore, Ireland. Then we have 4 generations. The shoreline is on Achill Island on the West Coast of Ireland. We drove there to visit Martina's grandmother in a nursing home. It seemed so strange that this is the Atlantic Ocean! Kathy, Stephen, Vincent and I were having a great time walking around Westport one evening and I captured these smiles. Kathy & Jerry standing among the fountains at Somerset House in London. I'm sitting at the bottom of The Rock of Cashel near Lismore. It dates back to about 300 A. D. It was just amazing to stand amongst structures that are so very very old. The last pic is the fishing village where we rented a house. You can see the house up on the hill. It's the pink one between the white and yellow houses. I'm going to try putting the rest of my trip pics on my Flickr. Hope you can view them. Check the link above.

3 comments:
Thanks for posting these pics, Mom. It looks like you had a really great time, and tjat everyone had fun. I especially like the picture of Kathy with her boys, as well as the coastline shot. I looked on your flickr account, but didn't see any further pictures...are you still working on it?
Great pictures mom. I really like the one of Kathy and her boys too. wonder if I can save it to my pics. maybe you could e-mail it to me. thanks, margie
Hi Mom and everybody. Tim and I got back home late last night. I've been washing clothes, blankets, towels, and putting camping stuff away -- all day.
You've all been busy blogging while we were gone and it's great to see some of these photos!
Mom, you, Kathy, Stephen, Vincent and Aidan fit right in with the Irish. You could all be Irish, in fact! I agree with MB about the pic of Kathy and her boys -- very handsome family.
What I want to know is, "where are the photos of Martina?"
Margie, all you have to do to save any photo on our blog is first click on the photo and it will take you to a larger (the original uploaded size) version of that photo. Then "right-click" on the photo and "Save As ..." name it something that will help you find it again and save it. Also, remember where you saved it on the computer. One of the great things about the blog is you don't have to email photos that are posted here... or on flickr.
Mom, I agree with MB ... maybe you could put more of your pics from your trip to the UK and Ireland on your flickr account? If you need help doing it, let me know. We're home now for a few weeks (whew!)
love, maureen
Post a Comment