Desert Sandstone: Surface
I posted a few photos on Flickr, of our trip to southern Utah, where Tim and I met with our study group for our spring meeting. It was awesome. We hiked all over the place! I'll write more about it later, probably on my personal blog, but I'll post more photos here too as I have time to put them up on my flickr account.
This is a photo of a smallish sandstone lying in the sand at Coral Pink Sand Dunes Park near Carmel Junction, Utah. We spent about 5 hours there one day, all the kids (about 18 of them) and a bunch of us adults playing around on the sand dunes and exploring. It's so so beautiful. Anyway, this rock is a micro-representation of the huge monoliths and cliffs and canyons surorunding the sand dunes. Without something in the photo for scale, I think it looks like one of the mountains.
Here are 2 other pics of some of the ephemeral pools in a canyon we hiked:

If you'd like to see more pics from our trip, check out my flickr set, Desert Springtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment