Thursday, May 11, 2006

Chainsaw Boy + Some Tulips

This is Oliver with our lawn guy, Dan, cutting a branch from our maple tree with a bonafide chainsaw. He's wearing Dan's earmuffs, and I am the counterweight on the other end of the stick. He was in tool heaven!

Sorry to keep repeating the tulips, but I am sooo impressed with the colour of these (Dordogne) -- the blending of pink and orange like a watercolour painting; and how long they are lasting; and how tall they are; and how the squirrels don't seem to care for them; and how the rain looks on them; and how they haven't flopped over...a very good tulip! What's happening in everyone elses' garden???

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

MaryBeth, Nicholas looks like a real pro! Could I hire him to cut a piece of bamboo for my fishpond? The spout finally broke. I just need a short length of bamboo to fix it. I'm jealous of those orangey tulips. I'll be posting some pics of my tulips soon.
Love, mom

Pat Shaughnessy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat Shaughnessy said...

oops! I meant to say "Ollie". Sorry Ollie!
Love, grandma

margie said...

Marybeth, maybe I will try that tulip when we move and I don't have deer eating everything I hold dear. They actually left the ones on the deck alone this year! My lilac are blooming and a few rhodos. It's really hard to get excited about the garden. I think it has finally gotten the best of me! oh well! I'm already planning a smal, simple garden in the next palce!
Happy gardening, margie