Monday, May 22, 2006

End of Day


End of Day
Originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

I wanted to share some of my recent pieces I've been fooling around with. This is posted on my flickr page in the larger size, so if you click on the photo, it will take you there and at the top of that photo, click "All Sizes" and it will take you to the larger size, which looks alot better. I welcome any feedback. I'm just having fun with these photos I took in the desert.
Maureen

3 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Maureen I really like the colours in this one. What did you do to change it? It looks like a marshy area and a reflection on a small pond. Very nice!

Maureen said...

Thanks, Mom. I like the colors too - and the texture, like painting on rusted metal. It is a marshy area -- I shot the main photo down in Utah when we were just there ... but there are at least 5 or 6 photos in this, layered and changed, plus some of my own textures I made, then scanned and layered with the photos. I was trying to make it look like a very old, damaged photo or an oil painting. I'm glad you like it. I had an offer from a professional photographer on Utata to buy a print of this one from me. So that made me feel pretty good :-)

margie said...

This is really beautiful Maureen. Hard to believe that it is from a photograph (or several). It would make a wonderful large print. Such talent!
margie