Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Picnic Dinner

Yesterday was a record-breaker as far as temperature goes here in Vancouver, very uncharacteristic for this time of year, and rather sudden (considering there was fresh snow up on Grouse Mountain only a week ago). We took a picnic dinner to a little beach in West Vancouver called Steerman Beach (just before Lighthouse Park). We met our friends there, and the little people played until the sun went below the hill...time to get home to bed.

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

MaryBeth, I like the light in the pic of the 3 little people. What is Nicholas holding?

Mary Shaughnessy said...

He's holding a piece of driftwood that he says looks like a tooth. By the way, he has finally lost his first tooth, which caused much excitement. The tooth fairy brought him some books!

margie said...

Doesn't it feel good to feel the anticipation of summer? I love this time of year.

Maureen said...

it's been hot here in Montana, we heard, since we left for the desert and of course, it was hot down there in Utah. The weather this week has been more like our typical dry, hot August days. bleh. I'm not ready for the heat. I have to say, though, MB that if we had a great sandy beach and ocean like that I wouldn't mind the heat so much. It's perfect for evening picnics. Fancy house, too! -- does that house belong to someone you know? It seems to be right on the beach, practically!

The first photo of the kids is a great portrait. Mom is right - the light in that photo is beautiful! I like it too. Who is the little girl?