Saturday, October 13, 2007

Riding adventures with Hailey

So I didn't go to the last ride of the season in Oyen on Thanksgiving weekend. I decided at the last minute that I couldn't spare the three days because I had too much school work that needed to be done, and not enough time to do it in. So I very reluctantly skipped out on the ride. Perhaps next year I will be able to ride Sakic in a 100 mile race...

I did have some grand adventures this weekend though! The girl who got me riding out at Christy's moved to SK and has been living there for the past 1.5 years. She came home for a week for Thanksgiving and spent a lot of time riding out at Christy's, much to my delight. I was very excited to see her because we used to ride together all the time and I miss that (we always go really fast and do lots of crazy things). On Fri we went down into the river valley and cleared some brush away from the newest tree that the beavers have knocked across the trail. It's the biggest tree across the trail, and it's a blast to jump.

This is Hailey and I jumping it this afternoon. She's the smoothest jumper I've ever had the pleasure of riding (which contradicts the terribly rough trot that she has). She just lifts you up and carries you over it, then sets you down lightly on the other side - like floating through the air. I know I've said it at least 100 times before but she really is my favorite!

4 comments:

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Brenda,
I think you are having too much fun!
Love,
Mum

Maureen said...

Hey, Bren -- I think you are having just exactly the right amount of fun ;o)

btw i put your video link in the sidebar. and deleted your blog.

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Yes Brenda, It looks like you are totally enjoying being airborne! A perfect shot. It looks so easy.

Brenda said...

I try always to have too much fun! As long as I'm riding that's usually the case.

I really do enjoy being airborne too! Hailey makes it easy because she's so smooth. Riding Chloe is more difficult because she launches herself and her rider into the air. She's rough to ride over jumps.