Friday, October 26, 2007

Bionic Mom/Grandma Has SuperFast Recovery

Well, we put most of Mom's front garden to bed for the winter... and I couldn't have done it without the Bionic Mom (aka Bionic Grandma.)



Check it out! Here she is mere weeks after her knee replacement. Gardening! And noooo -- I did not force her to be my garden-slave. She wanted to do it. And she's not sore (hours later.)

I'm pretty impressed with how this titanium-embedded mother-of-eight, grandmother-of-25 and great-grandmother-of-6 (aka Pat) is gettin' around. Today we put away the clunky shower bench, the crutches and handbars borrowed from the Red Cross. She carries her cane when she walks -- if you can call it walking -- really, Mom is almost running. (Well, I guess that last one was a wee exaggeration.)

Anyway, watch out! Pretty soon she'll be heading out to the clubs to twist and shout. Anybody up for dancing?

3 comments:

Wet Coasters said...

Hey Mom, it looks like you were doing all the work! Hope you left some plants for the birds to hide in for the winter.

Pat Shaughnessy said...

We did -- there are a few, but the quail will have to be a little more cautious because we cleared out alot of the foliage.

Pat Shaughnessy said...

btw, this is Maureen (just for now) commenting ... I also wanted to say (ahem!) in my own defense, that I was working (acutally sweating too) when I wasn't snapping pics of Mom working. ;-D heheh