This is a picture of the front edge of the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau Alaska, taken yesterday. The blue edge is where it has recently calved. We are leaving Juneau today and heading west then south towards Sitka. Have a good family reunion everyone, we will be thinking of you! Put lots of pictures on the blog for us to see!
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All I can say is "Wow! Awesome!"
wow, Kathy and Jerry -- you guys are getting around! The Mendenhall Glacier is one Tim and I have visited a few times when we were in Alaska for our study group meeting. It's so beautiful! I think I told you we swam in the small "lake" and river just at the base of the glacier -- the coldest water I have ever been in. yoW!
Great photo of the ice -- it looks like a huge jewel, like sapphire or aquamarine, so deep and blue and mysterious. Beautiful!
Post a Comment