Friday, May 18, 2007

Speaking of Mosaics... a fun new tool for color

Check out my blog post about this new tool for color. It's on the same website as the Mosaic-maker. The tool is a color-scheme generator that you can use with any photo on your computer or on your flickr account. Marybeth, Margie and Moira, I thought you guys would be interested in trying this out for your artwork and quilted pieces.

Here is a photo (from our recent trip to the Utah desert) I used to generate the color palette next to it. Have fun!

Dune Juniper with Berry

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Nice photo Maureen. I really like the colour combination. Now I have to check out your pics from your blog and flickr. Glad you're home safely.

Maureen said...

thanks, Mom ... I don't have many pics from our trip because I wasn't supposed to be taking photos. But there are a few. I'll write about our time in Utah when I get a chance.

Mary Shaughnessy said...

I tried it out, Maureen, and it's very cool! Is there a way to have the program on your computer, or do you do it only from that bighugelabs page?

Maureen said...

Nope - I can't see how to put it on your computer, but as long as you have online access, you can use it pretty easily - even with photos that are sitting on your hard drive and are not uploaded to flickr or online somewhere. that's almost as good as having it on your own computer. I really like this tool - glad you do too