I Love it When...
We here on Hillcrest Avenue are currently camera-less...ourCanon Powershot A80 is kaput, and it looks like it's fatal. Santa may perhaps have heard of our problems, and bring a replacement...we'll see.
In the meantime, I thought it would be fun (and not toooo corny), in the spirit of sharing, to start a new thread called "I Love it When...," and people could write brief notations on those things that happen, or that they notice, on a recurring basis, the things that make you pause a moment and reflect, little things in your everyday environment or experience that make you smile, perhaps.
I will start us out:
I love it when I am running through the woods and a bird sitting in a tree along the trail does not fly away when I approach, but just sits there bravely, watching but not panicking...makes me feel like I am more in tune with the woods and its creatures, and less of an intrusion.
3 comments:
I love it when I call to Hailey and she calls back to me and comes cantering over through the snow (calling the whole way), shoves her fuzzy head in the bucket for grain, and then (when the grain is all gone) attempts to put her head into her halter so I can take her back to the house for a winter ride.
I love it when I am sitting in my computer chair with a cup of hot tea beside me, I put my feet up and look out the big window at yet another incredible sunset over Okanagan Lake. Each day is different and each sunset is awesome! I am so thankful for this natural beauty!
I love it when someone sends me a real thank you note - I mean a snailmail thank you note I can keep, touch, open and close ... in this day of emails, voice mails, cell phones and instant messaging, a touchable, keep-able card or note or postcard is so rare.
Post a Comment