Anonymous Art Show



Yesterday I submitted these 3 little paintings to a non-juried show at the North Vancouver Community Arts Council Gallery. It is an annual fund-raiser for the Council, which serves as a resource and advocate for the arts in North Vancouver.
Each artist can submit up to 3 pieces, and all pieces are exactly the same size (8"x8"), on canvas, unframed, unwired, and signed only on the back. Each piece sells for $100, $50 to the artist, $50 to the Council. On opening night (Nov. 30), people line up outside the gallery, and when they open, the first person in line gets paddle #1, second person gets paddle #2, and so on. There is a one hour viewing period, and then they begin calling numbers...person #1 gets their first choice (as many as they want), and so on, until everyone has had a chance. Last year they had over 300 pieces submitted, and sold more than half on the first night. Fortunately, everyone has different taste in art, so even people way down in the numbers could find something appealing.
If my pieces don't sell, I will not be crushed...I will have 3 Christmas presents done already!!
13 comments:
Nice little paintings MaryBeth! I love all the colours and the fields are very unique. When is the show? Good luck!
Love,
Mom
Marybeth those are so beautiful. I love the colors, too. the bottom one especially - somehow the proportions in that one appeal to me more, but they are all cool. I hope you sell all three just for the satisfaction of sellling them. Knowing there are people out there who are getting in line for your paintings would be a boost, right? I hope they all three sell to one of the top ten paddle-holders. good luck
if you haven't already done this, I hope you take high resolution photos of the paintings before they go to the new owners.
Thanks, Mom. I called them Quilt Farm 1, 2 and 3, and they are supposed to be "go to your happy place" paintings, nothing too deep or philosophical. The show opens on November 30th.
Thank you, Maureen! I hope they sell too, as I need to practice letting go of my artwork. I have had offers on others pieces, but so far have declined. This would be a start...
As for photos of the paintings, my camera is kaput, so I scanned them (luckily they are small, so they fit on the scanner no problem). I scanned them at 400dpi, which I hope is high enough? Anyway, too late now, as they are gone to the gallery.
The paintings are very nice, mb.... but we really hope you don't sell them because we need a nice Xmas present. Do you do commissions? We would like something 30 x 30 or so.
P&R
Peter and Roma, if you need a nice Christmas present, you need to talk to Santa!
Beautiful work Mary Beth. Hopefully you sell them. If not, put me on your list.
margie
Hmm! I think your siblings will be commissioning! Good luck selling!
Love, Mom
Thank you, Margie, I appreciate your interest and support. I will keep you all posted on whether they sell or not (post-Nov. 30). P+R, as to commissions, I have never done one, but would certainly consider it!
Dear Santa,
I have been a very good boy this year and I would like a nice painting from the world famous artist known as mb. Can you please bring me one of her paintings? I promise to be good forever.
Pee
Dear Pee,
I am fully aware that you have been a very good boy this past year. The question is, have you been good ENOUGH to deserve a piece of art from the world famous artist known as mb. She is very popular right now, and her supply of art is rather limited. However, as you have promised to be good forever, I will give your request serious consideration.
Regards,
S.C.
can i please get on the good-forever list? I have never ever ever been bad. well, maybe a little bad. but i have changed my ways. forever.
Post a Comment