Monday, April 16, 2007

Humming along

Here she is again, being very protective of her nest. When she flew away, I could see (with the camera) that she still had only two eggs. I won't bother her again until her chicks hatch, maybe late next week. Watch for an update.

3 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

What a beautiful shot Kathy! A perfect little bird and nest.

Maureen said...

I am totally in love with that feisty little mama bird!!! Keep taking photos if you can, Kat. I know you have to be careful not to disturb her too much.

How do you get so close to her? Are you using a telephoto lens? Your photos are beautiful -- well done!

I can hardly wait to see her babies developing. I hope you're still home when they hatch and get their actual feathers.

Brenda said...

Great picture! You can see the details of her feathers and nest so nicely! She is so beautiful...