Wednesday, April 25, 2007

How many of us have a garden journal or notebook?

Spring comes late to us in Montana ... judging from today's email of your backyard, Mom (your aspen trees have leaves! Your fruit trees are blooming!) I'd say you guys are way ahead of us with Spring. Big sigh.

Well, it's finally starting to green up in Helena -- just a little. I thought I would see if anybody here is interested in reading my recent blog posts on gardening. Here's one on making your own garden journal (Mom, Tootsie, Marybeth and Margie -- you four might be especially interested in something like this.) That's my garden notebook on our kitchen table in the photo. Happy gardening, everyone!

Mom, you back yard looks great! I can't wait to see it when we come up in June for the reunion. Maybe you could you post some more photos of the backyard on our blog ... what does it look like from the lower part of the yard looking up towards the house?

5 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Maureen, I definitely need a journal or some way of keeping track of my garden. I have a box with all the plant tags, photo albums (not up to date), file folder with receipts etc, box of saved flower seeds from my garden, etc. I must get organized. You seem to have a knack for it.

Maureen said...

Oh, I think you're much more organized than I am, Mom.... I only have a knack for being occasionally organized. ;-D Maybe you could get started putting something together and I can help you with it when we come up in June?

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Sounds like a goooood plan!

Mary Shaughnessy said...

i have a disconnect between planning for the garden AND implementing the plan for the garden. too often, when i look out at our garden, all i see are the projects, the list of "things to do", rather than being able to enjoy what is there. it is very tempting to indulge in a garden journal, as i am a planner and list-maker myself, but have too many other interests competing for my discretionary time. yours looks great, though, Maureen!

margie said...

I think I will wait until I have a new garden. Mine is too big and there is too much to do. It's depressing! I have a hard time being that organized anyway. something I need to work on. thanks for the idea. I checked out your blog.