Friday, April 27, 2007

Bird Sightings

The birds have arrived! These were taken late this afternoon as the birds were filling up for the night. That's a white-crowned sparrow w/male quail and 2 mourning doves.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Mom, I think it's so cool you have so many birds like the doves and quail in your garden. Keep taking these great photos of them. Someday you'll need to try out a camera with a powerful telephoto lens -- I bet you could get some awesome photos of your garden wildlife with that.

Pat Shaughnessy said...

That's the frustrating part of taking photos of birds and animals. I can't get close enough. Some day.

Mary Shaughnessy said...

Mom, I was feeling pretty confident that we also had a white-crowned sparrow today in our yard, but I'm not so sure now after seeing your picture. I am just beginning to pay attention to the different species, and it will no doubt take me some time to get to know them as well as you do. Those quail are pretty pudgy!

As an aside, we put the salamander in a damp protected spot on the north side of the house (we one time found another one living at the base of a fern on that side)...we will check him in the morning to see if he has moved.

Pat Shaughnessy said...

My pictures were taken through the guest room window. I have to move around very slowly so as not to scare them. The robin and red-wing blackbird were not here this morning.