Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A few good memories of Quadra

1. Ferry dock & fishing boats, 2. Autumn Tapestry, 3. Kelp, 4. Nebula I, 5. Mom, 6. Moira and Mom, 7. Kathy, 8. Marybeth, 9. Holding the Light, 10. Lesson, 11. Shell, 12. Shine, 13. Margie, 14. Forest Denizen, 15. Fern, 16. Silky Skin

These are straight out of my camera -- I haven't adjusted the photos for lighting, etc. So they're not the greatest. But I wanted to share a few of my photos of our fun GirlsGo retreat on Quadra before I get swamped by a million other things. Quadra was great!!!! Let's do it again on the mainland.

If you click on the photo titles, it should take you to the individual photos. I apologize if anybody prefers not to look at the larger sizes on flickr. That's how I have to do it for now, since I don't have time to post all the photos individually in our blog. I have lots (!) more photos and will share them as I have time.

Happy belated Birthday to Mark -- I hope you did something fun and different on your bday. I was still traveling that day. Sorry I missed it.

And Happy Birthday to Moira. I'm always glad to share my day with you. ;-) Enjoy your special day.

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Nice collage Maureen.

Love, mom

Anonymous said...

thanks, mom and moi. Well, i looked through all the photos I took while on the island and I have NONE of Roma and Judy that actually came out. Bummer!

Most of the 400+ photos I took were blurry. My camera is acting very very weird lately (or maybe it's me that's weird -- now that would be a novel thing!)

anyway, Roma and Judy, I hope you guys got in some of the other scenes the others were photographing.

Mark said...

How does one go about putting a collage together for the blog? What software did you use?

Anonymous said...

Mark, I use a really easy, really fast, really cool application developed for Flickr by a guy who is just crazy about web apps and does them for free.

It's called mosaic-maker and works with flickr "sets," flickr "favorites," or individual flickr URLs. What I did for this mosaic of photos from our trip to quadra was make a set of the photos I wanted included in the mosaic, ordered them in the set the way I wanted (using flickrs really easy really cool organizing tool) then made the mosaic by telling it to use "page one" of my Quadra set and voila! there is was. You also get the nifty html code for the photo titles that are clickable links to the actual photos on my flickr page.

So, I guess you'd have to actually have some photos on your flickr account (ahem! -- you don't, that I know of) to use this nifty application.

Here's the link to the mosaic tool (there are also scads of other really cool flickr apps made by the same guy, John. That's how I make the calendars I put on my blog every month for whoever wants to download them.)

link to fd's flickr mosaic app:
http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/mosaic.php

I think I will write a whole post on how to make mosaics and some of his other "toys" using flickr photos. Maybe some others in our family would be interested in how to do this. Then I can include that writeup in our sidebar stuff.

thanks for asking, Mark. love, maureen