Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Check out what Gabe's been up to lately:


I would like you to meet ...
Originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

I posted this mosaic of photos of Gabe's doings as the first in a series I am making about my family. Gabe has recently put up alot of really awesome art on his flickr photo page, and I wanted to introduce him to my other flickr friends. I thought I would put the post here so you all can see what I wrote about him ... and maybe be inspired to check out his artwork on his blog or flickr page.

Gabe is an artist and philosopher I admire greatly. He is involved in so many things in his life:

  • painting, drawing and artmaking in his own handmade journals and sketchbooks;
  • performance painting on skateboards and other media;
  • designing and sewing his own clothing;
  • cooking delicious and amazing meals for friends and family;
  • staging happenings, workshops and art classes for anyone who cares to learn, including street people, homeless folks and everyone who wants to take the time;
  • using his bicycle as his main form of transport; voluntarily living as simply as possible and leaving light footprints on our Earth;
  • influencing the people he meets by his personal style and his essence;
  • writing and playing creative unique music from his heart;
  • binding books using materials others throw away;
  • spending excellent time with his family and friends building community;
  • living his life in the most creative way he can imagine each and every day.


These links will take you directly to the individual pix, some of which were shot by Gabe's friends, including Aaron Rogesin:
1. Gabe at Burningman, 2. Burningman2006, 3. Gabes Guitar, 4. small ink rag book, 5. Live Painting At Jerome Baker Booth, ASR Trade Show, 6. RacconWatches, 7. pigeon, 8. doritasHuberti, 9. what up, 10. the brothers shaughnessy veg, 11. ride by shot of gabe, 12. mom's workshop making sushi, 13. Sushi at Harbingerous Happening, 14. Laughing, 15. Musicmaking, 16. Sketch: BrooklynBridge, 17. supplies, 18. power pole book and book case, 19. Live Painting at EarthDance NW, 20. Live Painting at EarthDance NW, 21. HumanCity, 22. pipes, 23. bridgeScene, 24. Freeways, 25. CorprateMonsters

3 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Very nice Maureen. I had to see more and just spent the last hour looking through your flickr and Gabe's. Thanks!

Maureen said...

I saw the comments you left on
gabe's flickr photos. I'm sure he appreciates knowing that you're looking at those, and enjoying them. Isn't he doing some amazing stuff? Has he told you about the clothing he is designing for the board company?

Maureen said...

Hi Moi, you should be able to get directly to MY flickr site by clicking anywhere on that mosaic of photos. It takes you to that photo's page, and from there, you should be able to navigate around to see other photos of mine on my flickr pages.

Also, if you click on (most) of the photo titles I included at the bottom of my post (the titles that have numbers associated with them) it should take you directly to that photo's page on Gabe's flickr account.

Otherwise, there are also two links in our family blog's sidebar to my flickr and Gabe's flickr. If you don't see those links in the sidebar, then something is wrong and I need to fix it. If you are using Firefox as your browser, it should be just fine. If not, please let me know.

I got your other emails about how to do what I showed you for your website and I have to take a little time to write you back. It would be WAY easier to explain all of that to you on the phone while you're sitting at your computer online. Would that be possible? You could call me....
xoxo