Sunday, June 25, 2006

Two Times A Winner!



Tootsie and Johnny must bring me good luck! I've recently won 2 things when they were with me! The first was a $40 gift certificate at a Japanese Restaurant on Vancouver Island and the second is this furoshiki ( a wrap). I entered a contest that was in a new magazine I'm receiving from my Japanese friends, Yoshi & Reiko Araiso. I won! I won! I couldn't believe it. The magazine is called "Kateigaho" Japan's Arts & Culture Magazine. I took this picture of the furoshiki and some pages from the magazine. The article says "Say goodbye to plastic bags and wrapping paper" This will be the century of the furoshiki. What a surprise when it came in the mail. It's so beautiful and I just love it. Lesson: Invite Tootsie & Johnny to visit you!! Eh?

4 comments:

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Okay, we are definitely next on their "to visit" list!
R & P

Pat Shaughnessy said...

I'm wondering what my third 'win' will be and will it also be something Japanese! Maybe I'll have to visit them again. Better make your reservations with them Roma.

margie said...

it's really pretty mom. way to go!

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

I googled Furoshiki - interesting!
Here are some sites if you want to know more about furoshiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furoshiki

http://homepage2.nifty.com/furoshiki_sg/furoshiki-english/the%20daily%20yomiuri/the%20daily%20yomiuri.html

http://www.jun-gifts.com/specialcollections/furoshikicloth/furoshikicloth.htm

Happy wrappin'
Roma