Saturday, June 27, 2009

Grizzly and cub

Roma and I saw this sow grizzly and her cub in a pasture a few kms from our place this afternoon. I wish I had a better camera!
We backed up to get a better shot of them and that's when she took off at full speed for the bush.

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

That looks like an awfully huge bear! Glad we didn't come across her on our ride down the cattle trail.
Love, Mum

Brenda said...

Who's place was this on? She looks like she's in good condition! Fat and fluffy!

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

She's a big, beautiful bear and she was in Harris' pasture next to the road and immediately north of Lynne's place.
We took the photo from the car about half way between Harris' and Lynne's driveways.
She has such a beautiful mix of colour in her coat.
She and her cub both stood up on their hind legs to get a better look at us and I tried to get a photo of that but the stupid camera has a delay after you push the shutter button so I missed that but got a couple of them running. Very frustrating - we've missed so many good photos because of that.
Then we saw a doe with twin fawns and a pair of Canada Geese with their family of goslings in John's place just after we saw the bears.
Love,
Mum

Wet Coasters said...

Cool!