A fun way to share our lives with each other... through photos, recipes, events, thoughts, feelings, essays, silliness or seriousness. Everyone welcome to contribute and pitch in as much or little as we want.
Hi Mom, nice to see regular photos of your garden, especially that lettuce -- wow! those are huge and healthy! I'[m surprised your lettuce hasn't bolted yet. Ours is starting to bolt, though I still have lots of smaller heads that we're eating every day. I planted 6 different kinds of lettuce seeds yesterday, hoping to get some more salad green in August and September. Some of the bolted lettuce will reseed and germinate before winter -- then we'll have lettuce rally early next spring.
Did you notice I put tags on some of your flickr garden photos you just uploaded?
Those little lettuce plants were put in the garden just a few days before the reunion. They grew so fast and now I have to eat them fast (or give them away) before they bolt. I'll check my flickr Maureen. Marybeth the yellow flower is a Oenothera missouriensis. It's of the evening primrose family. The flower is so big and no you don't eat them.I'm sure Nicholas and Ollie would eat GRANDMA'S LETTUCE. Right boys?
3 comments:
Hi Mom, nice to see regular photos of your garden, especially that lettuce -- wow! those are huge and healthy! I'[m surprised your lettuce hasn't bolted yet. Ours is starting to bolt, though I still have lots of smaller heads that we're eating every day. I planted 6 different kinds of lettuce seeds yesterday, hoping to get some more salad green in August and September. Some of the bolted lettuce will reseed and germinate before winter -- then we'll have lettuce rally early next spring.
Did you notice I put tags on some of your flickr garden photos you just uploaded?
Mom, nice pictures! The boys were very impressed with your lettuce (even though they don't much care for it themselves!). Can you eat that flower?
Those little lettuce plants were put in the garden just a few days before the reunion. They grew so fast and now I have to eat them fast (or give them away) before they bolt. I'll check my flickr Maureen. Marybeth the yellow flower is a Oenothera missouriensis. It's of the evening primrose family. The flower is so big and no you don't eat them.I'm sure Nicholas and Ollie would eat GRANDMA'S LETTUCE. Right boys?
Post a Comment