Hailey's 1000 Mile Blanket
Two weekends ago was the Endurance Riders of Alberta AGM and awards banquet. I was there for the whole day, participating in the AGM (and somehow got signed up to be on the Promotions Committee), eating food at the banquet, clapping during the awards ceremony, and ripping it up on the dance floor during our square dancing lessons (soooo fun!)!!!
This year I got my 250 mile pin for completing 250 miles in competition. Lisa got hers as well (rides with us and bought one of Christy's horses). Flint (Jaylene's horse) was a Top 5 Junior Horse. Jaylene is Christy's daughter. Brett got his 1000 mile buckle for completing 1000 miles in competition. He was also the first recipient of the Ron Janzen Sportsmanship Memorial Award, which was created in honor of his dad, Ron, who passed away from brain cancer a little over a month ago. Hailey got her 1000 mile blanket for completing 1000 miles in competition, and she was also number one Top 5 Senior Horse.
Christy accepted the blanket and then told me to come up and take it. She gave it to me for all the work (or play?) and competing I've done with Hailey. I was so excited that when I went to bed that night I slept with the blanket on my bed! On Sun I went for a ride with Hailey and got my picture with her afterwards. She's so pretty in her new blanket! Last year she was a Top 5 Senior Horse and Christy gave me her trophy for that. I'm displaying it very proudly in the living room. I wanted to put the blanket on the wall somewhere, but Bryce used his veto power to kibosh that idea.
9 comments:
Congratulations Brenda! And way to go
Hailey, Brett, Jaylene & Flint and Lisa.
Is Hailey's warranty expired now that she has clocked 1000 miles?
Keep on ridin'
Love,
Mum & Dad
Hi Brenda, Congratulations and I can just imagine how proud you were to accept your pin and Hailey's blanket. I love reading all about your horsey activities! When do we get to see a pic of the blanket and also of Hailey? And of course Brenda?
That's Hailey in the picture with me and she's wearing the blanket.
Brenda, there are no photos on my Family Blog site.
That's strange because I can see them. I wonder if anyone else can see them?
We can see them.
Roma
Well,I can't and I'm not blind!! Chuckle!
I can't see them anymore. All I see are two long and narrow rectangular boxes. Very strange!
I had some issues when I was trying to post this entry (kept giving me error messages), so perhaps the missing pictures is part of the problem. Anyways, I posted them separately, and no issues, so hopefully they'll stick around this time.
Post a Comment