Saturday, July 08, 2006

Garden of Delights


























I was out in the garden late this afternoon, puttering around, and decided to take a few shots. This particular rudbeckia has become one of my favourite plants because it is such a high achiever: self-supporting, no pests, very looooonnnng bloom time (from now 'til Christmas), evergreen, and very pretty. Oh yes, it's non-invasive.

The second picture is taken looking up at our Japanese maple...no, it wasn't a windy day, I "swirled" the camera while taking the shot.

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Cool MaryBeth! Are you trying to give Maureen some competition? Nice pic of the rudbeckia.
mom

Mary Shaughnessy said...

No, Mom, giving Maureen competition is highly unlikely! i am, however, trying to be a little more creative with the camera, with only limited success so far!

margie said...

I'd say you are having great success! nice pics. what is the name of the rudbeckia? is a piece available?
margie

Mary Shaughnessy said...

thank you, Margie, that's very nice of you to say. and yes, i can give you a start of the rudbeckia...it's called "indian summer."