Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It Snowed

We have been hit by several big storms in the last week, resulting in a substantial amount of snow on the ground - very unusual for here.
Peter has spent hours plowing us out,
then the wind blows and all the plowed areas get drifted in,
so he spends more hours plowing us out,
then the wind blows......
We have to use snowshoes to get around on our place between plowing and shoveling.
Never a dull moment in Tatla'ko.

This is our little house in July/09

This is our little house after a skiff of snow November 14/09

This is our little house after a little more than a skiff of snow on November 22/09

Tons of snow has slid off the roof

Shoveling one of the walkways.
We've done a lot of this. My back hurts.

View of the new studio during one of the storms

A lull in the storm. The driveway that was plowed is drifted in again

The sun did come out a couple of times

Still snowing at night.
I have since unplugged the walkway lights as they are completely buried now

Where's my Wabbit?
I had already cleared this much snow off the car,
then the next storm dumped even more. I give up.

The willows in the background were 10' - 12' high.
The snow has flattened them

Tatlayoko dog house


10 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Great story and even greater photos Roma. We still don't have any snow in Kelowna.

Moi said...

Holy Snowmoly! I so don't want that to happen in Kelowna!

Brenda said...

I love snow! It makes me excited to dust off the board and head to the mtns!

Brenda said...

PS The potted plants on the porch look like they are suffering. Badly.

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

We love snow, but this was a bit much all at once.

Those were my herbs Brenda. RIP.

margie said...

wowzers!what a lot of pretty white stuff. send some down here.

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

We have 3 more days of snow coming, I'll gladly send you some Margie!

Wet Coasters said...

That is pretty crazy. I don't think I have ever seen that much snow. I LOVE the night time picture of the lights and the stars, very nicely done. It is 23 degrees here today in Ajijic.

Mary Shaughnessy said...

ahhh...winter in the chilcotin -- back-breaking indeed. we don't shovel snow around these parts, even when we should! if it were a matter of survival, however, i might have to reconsider.

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Kathy,
you are not allowed to add any more comments for as long as you are in Mexico. And +23 C is for sissies.


MB,
You don't know how much fun you are missing!

XO
Roma