Friday, December 19, 2008

Speaking of puffy...

This little puffball is one of our resident tulip-bulb-eaters and bird-feeder-raiders. They are indeed very cute, but are often in my bad-books for their unethical behaviour (and no, I don't want to hear from the squirrel advocates or animal rights people!!). Notice the little patch of snow on his nose...

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

Very cute MaryBeth! Either he's puffy or fat but he looks to be in good shape for the winter. Today I bought another bird feeder at Buckerfield's. As I was approaching the store I noticed everyone coming out was carrying a bag of bird seed. It's nice to see so many caring about our feathered friends.

Wet Coasters said...

It looks like he has been eating a lot of your tulip bulbs and helping himself to lots of your bird food. We have a little red squirrel that hangs around our house, but he has gone into hibernation. We watched him all summer stocking up for a cooolllddd winter. I think he knew something we didn't.

Mary Shaughnessy said...

do you know any techniques to get them to hibernate?!

Wet Coasters said...

stop feeding them!