Mexican CliffffffJumping!
This is a picture of Oliver and I jumping into the water from some rocks in Sayulita. It looks like we might hit the rock visible below the surface, but it's a bit of an optical illusion and we are in fact jumping quite a bit further to the right of them, and out from the rock. The trick was to jump between swells, and then ride the next swell in to the beach. All good in theory, but with Oliver clinging to me, and with a very real risk of being carried into the rocks, I called for backup and had our friend John jump in to ferry Oliver to shore. I don't know why I'm holding my nose?!
2 comments:
Good shot MaryBeth! It looks like fun and I wondered too why you're holding your nose. How brave of Ollie! He had his 'mommy' for support.
Well, let me tell you, it is NOT easy jumping in like that when you have an "appendage"...I would have much preferred to have 2 arms free, but Oliver would have none of that. Yes, I was impressed with how brave he was, too, but then he also jumped in the previous year when he was only 3! Nicholas jumped TO me, once I was already in the water, but he said he was only doing it one time, for "tradition's sake."
Post a Comment