Friday, March 13, 2009

Off to see the (French) wizard!

On Sun morning I'm flying to Montreal, QC, for Americana, which is an industry based conference. I will be presenting a poster on part of my research, and will also be doing some networking with industry reps. I'm in the final throes of preparations and am starting to get a bit nervous. I've never been to Montreal and I won't know anyone there, but I've been told it's Canada's greatest city, so I'm also excited.

This is a picture of my poster.


If all goes as planned (which rarely happens, as I have found out over the last two years; but here's hoping - and trying) I will defend my thesis at the end of June!

5 comments:

Pat Shaughnessy said...

That looks great Brenda! Keep up the good work. Have a wonderful trip, meet lots of new friends and good luck on your presentation.
Grandma

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Excellent poster, I'd like to see it "close up" so as to see get a better look at the photos.
Good luck, make lots of connections and have fun in Montreal!
Love,
QOTU & VVVVBDFB

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

And say hi to the wizard for us.

Mary Shaughnessy said...

good job, brenda! your poster looks great, very well-organized and not too "busy." have fun at the conference, and enjoy montreal (i've never been there, either, but it's on my list).

love, a. m.b.

margie said...

Have fun Brenda! I was there a long time ago. nice city!