Thursday, July 10, 2008



Last weekend, Matt and three of his firefighter friends competed in the "Seek The Peak" race at Grouse Mountain here in Vancouver.  The race was from Ambleside Park to the 'Peak' of Grouse Mountain.


(more info here) 
http://www.grousemountain.com/Summer/news-events/calendar/seek-the-peak-relay.asp
Matt's team finished first in the relay competition!! Way to go Matt!!

I think Matt had the toughest section which was Stage 3, running up the
Grouse Grind. His time was 00:34:35 which was the fastest time by a
whopping 3 minutes 25 seconds over the second best relay team!!

9 comments:

Mark said...

I forgot to mention that there were 69 teams in the relay competition portion of the race!

Brenda said...

Some of the text in the post runs off the page and I can't read the whole story!

Mark said...

Sorry about that! It wraps around when I view it with my browser. Anyway, what it is supposed to say is...

"Last weekend, Matt and three of his firefighter friends competed in the "Seek The Peak" race at Grouse Mountain here in Vancouver. The race was from Ambleside Park to the 'Peak' of Grouse Mountain.

Matt's team finished first in the relay competition!! Way to go Matt!!

I think Matt had the toughest section which was Stage 3, running up the Grouse Grind. His time was 00:34:35 which was the fastest time by a whopping 3 minutes 25 seconds over the second best relay team!!

Wet Coasters said...

UGGGG!! Way to go Matt (and team)!! But why aren't we hearing this news from Matt?

Peter, Roma and Oblio said...

Go Matt! and Friends! Sounds like a very tough race.
Did they know they could ride the gondola up the mountain? Much easier.
Does Matt have an owie on his right arm?
Roma

margie said...

Wow! way to go Matt!

Pat Shaughnessy said...

First out of 69 teams!! What a guy (and team) Matt! As you can tell we are all proud of you.

Brenda said...

Mom - I think the thing on his arm is is his music playing device. Perhaps an iPod...

Brenda said...

And I think the white thing is a sweat band.